Cable/Antenna

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rosie F

Cable/Antenna

Post by Rosie F »

Need a little help in this natter-----what do you do to switch from antenna to cable on the TV at a camp ground? Is there any switch to turn over from one to the other. Thanks! Got a Cardinal flag now need the pole ---- nice looking --- can't wait to fly it over the bird. :D :D
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Re: Cable/Antenna

Post by campswithcritters »

Rosie F wrote:Need a little help in this natter-----what do you do to switch from antenna to cable on the TV at a camp ground? Is there any switch to turn over from one to the other. Thanks!
I personally go out and disconnect the cable, raise the antenna, and turn on the booster. The reason I disconnect from the cable is that an antenna booster will back feed through the cable and ruin all the neighbors picture on cable. Many campgrounds warn of this in the check-in guidelines.
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Rosie, there should be a switch on a wall plate somewhere inside you entertainment center. When the light is on you are using the antenna on the roof. When the lights is off you are using cable.

Rob
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Speaking of cable and antennas, does anyone have a 12v outlet for a TV in any room? I thought we were supposed to have at least one 12v hookup at one of the coaxial cable outlets? Can anyone help?
romantraveler
Cardinal Owners: 2002 Cardinal LX

Post by romantraveler »

My Cardinal has one in the bedroom and one where the main tv is located in the living area.
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Thank you. Our red bird is still under warranty, so I will contact the dealer and get them installed.
Thomas
Rosie F

Cable

Post by Rosie F »

Thank you for the input as soon as we get the bird out I'll check and let all know if the problem is fixed. Thanks again