New Bird

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
KWW

New Bird

Post by KWW »

We picked up our new 30RK Cardinal Tuesday afternoon. spent the night and the next morning moving in and left for a week camping just in time for the labor day weekend. We are in Elkhart County, IN. this week enjoying the new bird. Wow! We love this camper so far, discovering how things work, where the light switches are and all the good things about this bird. So far we love it and only have a couple minor things to be fixed. We took the Cardinal plant tour today to see how it was made and spoke to several people involved in the actual production of these units. I must say it was impressive to see the actual materials, process of making the frame, floor, walls, cabinets etc. They pretty much hand build these units with very little automation and decent attention to details.
Having a great weekend!
The Buds

Post by The Buds »

Congratulations! You will surely love the new "Bird"!

We got our new '08 Cardinal on Aug 2nd, and spent the last few days of our vacation "moving in". We'd found it when we went to a dealer to replace 3 bulbs that burned out while we were camping. Had seen this floor plan for a while, but this was even in the color we liked! So, dealer had us pull our 03 Sierra in, and we spent the afternoon transferring belongings. Had help from our son and his wife (and 2 1/2 yr old-yikes!) and we spent the rest of our vacation in the new rig! We love the large counter space in the kitchen, and we have the enclosed bath. Makes for more privacy when the grandkids visit!

We had a few bugs to work out too, (had to have the lp regulator replaced and a ground fault outlet in the bathroom) but we have a great dealer, and hubby is handy! It's a nice perk to know that you've seen the factory and know how they're built!

Heres to happy and safe travels, not to mention fun!!!

Karen
Squire

Post by Squire »

Congrats on new "bird", we have lived fulltime in our 32FKR TT for five months and so far so good. We just love it.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations!! It's so exciting when you actually start moving stuff in and can sit there and say..."it's ours...it's really ours"

Go out there and make many happy traveling memories!! We like to read about everyoes rv'ing experiences so don't forget us!!!
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

For Kevin and Lorrie and 'The Buds': I think your '08 30RK has replaced our floorplan of the 29RK, with the difference being in the configuration of the bathroom/hall. We chose ours because of the HUGE counterspace in it as well! We LOVE our bird and when I saw this plan for the first time (down in Jacksonville, Fla), I absolutely FLIPPED! I loved the color scheme, the layout, the huge shower, the big closet in the bedroom, the HUGE amount of storage AND the kitchen. We came home from the Florida trip, made an appointment with the factory and drove over to Indiana for the tour. We ALSO were impressed with the way the production line worked. We came home from there and went over the 'options list' and ordered out our bird. We wanted Thermopane windows, 2nd air wiring, gelcoat, and a few other options and couldn't find one on a lot with those 'must haves' on one. Let me tell you, it was a LONG 12 week wait to get her home! We had looked at probably 200 units made by MANY diferent companies, and our plan is the first one to 'trip our trollies'! LOL!
Congrats on your new Bird (s) and Happy and Safe travels to you! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Donna/Dennis Balfanz wrote: I think your '08 30RK has replaced our floorplan of the 29RK, with the difference being in the configuration of the bathroom/hall.
Donna, we now have classics since our floor plans are no longer available.

Rob
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

Rob, I know and am SURE glad we chose ours before they eliminated this plan (and color scheme!) I have not seen any color scheme that I like better than ours (cept Bruce and Sharon's! and theirs is obsolete as well, and too big for our needs). We will keep it FOREVER, is the plan! I just LOVE the open feeling in it! From one Classic to Another! LOL! D

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Donna/Dennis Balfanz wrote:cept Bruce and Sharon's! and theirs is obsolete as well
Hey wait a minute here, let me get this straight! Mine is obsolete, but your's are classics? :cry:
Good thing I'm not the sensitive type. 8)
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

Aw.... geez! I MEANT to say that YOURS is now a classic as well! AND I am patiently waiting for you to get a NEW one so WE can buy yours! LOL!
Read too fast and hit the post button too fast as well...... Hey! You are sposed to be workin, GET BUSY!!!!!!! LOL!

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Donna/Dennis Balfanz wrote:I have not seen any color scheme that I like better than ours
Donna, what color sheme do you have?

Rob
The Buds

Post by The Buds »

Well Kevin and Lorrie,

Isn't it nice to know that in only a few short years our brand new rigs will have achieved the "classic" and/or "obsolete" status? :lol:

By the way, we have the Sandstone interior, are we all rv-ing in the same colors too?

Karen
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

Well, Rob, ours is "Mocha" which you referred to as "Oh, I don't know, the Brown color, I guess" in a post a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago to someone! LOL! At least I THINK it was you!

And Karen, I think your print on your sofa is just a bit diferent, but basically the rest of the colors in yours is very neutral, like our "mocha" is.
I find that the more time I am spending in ours, the more relaxing the colors are, and I am wanting to redo our hourse in soft shades of sagey green on the walls in the (house) bedroom and a soft beige in the (house) living room! Will appeal to more buyers too, (eventually!) when we are REALLY ready to downsize and sell the house.!! Donna

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
The Buds

Post by The Buds »

Mocha, Sandstone... new year, new name, same game! I agree that this is a very calming, restful color scheme, you feel right at home the moment you walk in. The Sierra we just traded in had a sage and creme decor, very bright, even more so because the windows weren't tinted. Bright and HOT, we had the large back window, which we loved at times, but when the sun was hot, it was hard to cool back there!

I had kind of liked the blue color, but my son said it reminded him of a an "Old Folks Home" and just lacked the lace doilies! That did it for the blue! :roll:

Karen
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Shoot...obsolete, classic...it doesn't matter what you call it...it is happening in every aspect of our fast paced world. When I bought my new laptop in April...it was obsolete by the time I got home with it!!

The mocha has grown on me....wasn't crazy about it, but it was the only one that had the minimum carpet in the living area. We love our bird and still enjoy going out and sitting in it and talking about past trips, and especially future trips. OUr's is almost 3 years old now....and still "new" to us!
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

Karen, RUT-RO! I have the mocha color WITH lace doilies, crocheted bedcovering and lace curtains to 'screen' the shower! LOL! I just love the way the crocheted doily looks as the table centerpiece, and have crocheted doilies on either end of the dresser..... Luckily hubby is VERY secure in his manhood and can handle it! LOL!

And Linda, I often go out and just sit in OURS as well, take a glass of wine, turn on my Ipod playing through the surround sound and light a scented candle... My mini-vacation, till we get to head out for BRANSON! See ya there! DD

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71