Took Delivery of New 2008 34QS Yesterday

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Took Delivery of New 2008 34QS Yesterday

Post by Donpop »

New Cardinal 34QS arrived at dealer last Friday and we took delivery yesterday afternoon. We have had many RV's and traded in a 2000 Cardinal 32CKT but this total transaction has been the best we have ever experienced. It has only been six weeks since we ordered so delivery time was excellent. When I talked to the saleman Tuesday I asked that everything be hooked up with water in the tank, etc. This is standard procedure with the dealer and everything from the hot water heater to the pilot light in the oven was on and the fridge was cold. Had a great PDI and the salesman was very thorough in covering every operation. We found nothing that needed attention. Today we started moving in and again checking everything out. We have not even found one screw or staple sticking out or out of place. Excellent workmanship from the Cardinal factory. It is better and nicer looking than we expected. We ordered the Merlot interior with tan carpet. Very elegant looking. We are completely satisfied with the dinette booth vs the free standing table and chairs we had previously.

The lighting system is outstanding with many 110v on switches in addition to the 12v system.

The Cardinal brochure says the exterior overall length is 37"9" but when I taped it tonight it was 40' from the front of the cap to the ladder.

For those of you who asked about the factory hitch. It is definitly heavy duty and welded to the frame. It will hold anything within reason that you will double-tow.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations!! That is one big bird!!! Glad that everything went so well at dealers....the dealer can realy make it a great experience and you apparantly got one of the good ones. Now go out and make some rv'ing memories!!
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

I join Linda in offering Congratulations on your new Cardinal!!

It sounds beautiful and I know you are going to enjoy it!!

Keep us informed of your travels and maybe a few pictures of the new bird!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Congratulations on your new 34QS!! My wife and I have had ours since February and aside from some minor issues are thrilled with it! We have a fantastic dealer down in Goldsboro, North Carolina (Daly RV). As a matter of fact we are leaving for "Emerald Isle" North Carolina on the 17th and on the way down, will be stopping by Daly for some warranty work. Alan Daly (owner) will let us stay @ his facility overnight in our Bird if necessary, so that they can properly take care of the issues. Again we love the floorplan and the attention to detail. We also have the factory installed hitch and agree that it is heavy duty. After having our 5500 W gen. installed we purchased a hitch mounted tire carrier from RVTIRECARRIER.COM (if you go to their site , click on "Photo Gallery" you will see our Bird with Tire Carrier upper Right Pic.) since we had to relocate the spare. We also like the fact that we can still carry our bicycles even with the Tire Carrier.
Again good luck!!! You and yours will love the 34QS!!!
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Congrats on a beautiful new rig! 8) Very glad to hear that everything went well and that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and dealer - after all, that's the whole point! :lol: :wink:

Keep us posted on your travels and updates. :)
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

You will like this BIRD!! We took del in June,the same model.
three trips out with no major issues. The concertone is not working in dvd or tv mode[nothing new from what i hear about concertone]. Enjoy your new bird.