Shadow Hills RV Resort in Indio, Ca

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

snoking

Shadow Hills RV Resort in Indio, Ca

Post by snoking »

My brother inlaw is looking for a California resort for the month of January? What do you think of Shadow Hills RV Resort? Any other recommendations? Not India Wells please!!!

Chris
Big Bird
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250

Re: Shadow Hills RV Resort in Indio, Ca

Post by Big Bird »

We have stayed there a couple of times, the last being 3 years ago. It is family owned and operated and behind security gates. We would rate it a 7 out of 10 with 10 being best. It is across the street from the Del Web Shadow Hills housing development and near most conveniences. It has one pull through space and that is near the entrance. The spaces are not generous. The park has is a large percentage of full times and January is going to be extremely busy with snow birds. You may find it difficult getting reservations for January. It has full hook ups, a pool and a pond. Watch for low hanging tree limbs and make sure your air conditioning works. It is windy and electric rates are ridicules.
Big Bird

Marv and Jackie
snoking

Post by snoking »

Big Bird wrote:We have stayed there a couple of times, the last being 3 years ago. It is family owned and operated and behind security gates. We would rate it a 7 out of 10 with 10 being best. It is across the street from the Del Web Shadow Hills housing development and near most conveniences. It has one pull through space and that is near the entrance. The spaces are not generous. The park has is a large percentage of full times and January is going to be extremely busy with snow birds. You may find it difficult getting reservations for January. It has full hook ups, a pool and a pond. Watch for low hanging tree limbs and make sure your air conditioning works. It is windy and electric rates are ridicules.
Thanks, I have suggested they stay in South Texas for January or Yuma. They are coming from Ohio and it is their first trip West. They have a Jan reservation in a Twenty Nine Palms RV park that they can cancel. It is 10 degrees cooler up there vs Palm Springs area. They are going to be in Mesa Az at Val Vista for Feb. Yuma would be the warmest for Jan. Thanks Chris
Big Bird
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250

Post by Big Bird »

Personally, we do not like south Texas (Rio Grande Valley). I think Mike Clay may have some experience with south Texas. There is nothing in Yuma, but a visit to Tombstone and a couple very nice RV parks. Well, that is not entirely true, our grandson goes to UA. 29 Palms for me is like south Texas. I liked Lonesome Dove, but even they left south Texas. Of the choices you listed, Indio is the best and 29 Palms is a lot cheaper. You will find the weather in the Coachella Valley pleasant in January.
Big Bird

Marv and Jackie
snoking

Post by snoking »

Looks like they are choosing Cocopah RV & Golf Resort in Yuma. $595/month plus electrical. We will swing by for a week to play with them there. Darlene is talking about some dental work in Mexico also. Then move to Val Vista in Mesa for 6 days with them, a week at Canyon Vistas and back home to do my yacht club stuff. This is going to be a one month swing through the SW. In December of 2015 after the Commodore Ball we will hit the road again for the winter. I want to return to Canyon Vistas RV Resort and Darlene wants to travel! I do the driving so we will see!!!

Chris
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

snoking wrote: Darlene wants to travel! I do the driving so we will see!!!

Chris
Hang in there Darlene! :ymapplause:

Rob