NHSTA AL KO Axle CLaims...How many????

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
F350Cardinal

NHSTA AL KO Axle CLaims...How many????

Post by F350Cardinal »

Many of us have had problems with AL KO axles manufactured 2003-2004. Many of us have also been given the runaround by AL KO personnel. How many of you have filed a complaint with NHSTA and received a claim number. What is your claim number.

If you have had problems and have not filed a NHSTA complaint, now is the time!!

Thanks
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

We had problems with the AlKo axles on our Wildcat in the summer of 2005. We really have no complaints with how things were handled -- We were on a six-week trip when the tires showed unusual wear. We found a dealer near our campsite and took photos in to their service dept. manager. The service dept. contacted Forest River -- and then AlKo. The axles were ordered, and we remained in the campground until parts arrived. (We were in Durango, Colorado, so it took five days.) As soon as the axles arrived, they were installed and we were on our way again. We were lucky we discovered the problem when we did.

We didn't file a claim with NHSTA because everything was dealt with quite reasonably. Our only complaint was with the cheap tires the dealer used as a replacement!
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

On the bright side, that is a good place to be stuck in a campground. :) We spent a week there in September and I hated to leave the area. But I checked and I have Lippert axles...whew!
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

Al, How did you get Lippert axles on your Cardinal? Our dealer (Berryland) told us that Forest River only uses AL-KO on Cardinals. I'd love to have anything other than AL-KO axles put on when we order ours.
We've had our share of problems with AL-KO on our Wildcat.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84