Virg FINALLY changed the Anode

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Luizianna

Virg FINALLY changed the Anode

Post by Luizianna »

After 3 years he finally changed the hot water heater anode....yuck!!! Here's what it looked like...

The new one from CW is a lot shorter...I wonder why?
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Yep, That is what mine looked like when I changed it after two and 1/2 years.

The new one I installed has a valve that I can drain the water heater after each trip.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Virg said the new one he put on does also. He said the only ones from CW had were ones with that valve.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Interesting, CW asked me if I needed the long one or the short one. I showed them the old one and said "you tell me". I got the identical long one from them.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Virg didn't ask for help...lol there were two hanging there and one was for 8 gal and one for a 10 gal....both were short. The 8 gal was shorter than the one we got as we have the 10 gal heater. Hope we got the right one!!!
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Virg I think you could have got another year out of that old rod . :D I drained in the fall there wasn't nothing left a bare rod . I turned the water on with the plug out and flushed for a while . There was a lot of caca !!!flowing out and down the side of the trailer . I guess I'll have to wash it in the spring . Ya Right :lol: Well I guess we have a trip to C W ,and we say good to a couple hundred buckskins .
I know Marti will find something that we can't live with out . :D We suffer from the Winter Blues !!!

Think Early Spring
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: Virg FINALLY changed the Anode

Post by Mike Clay »

Luizianna wrote:After 3 years he finally changed the hot water heater anode....yuck!!! Here's what it looked like...

The new one from CW is a lot shorter...I wonder why?
Well thats the long one but sheesh maybe change it a little sooner next time. LOL
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We need to do ours too :oops: 3 years for us also - I don't think I'll be posting a pic though. :wink:
snuffy

Post by snuffy »

I'm glad mine doesn't have one.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

I'm glad mine doesn't have one.
water heater?
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

If someone removed the hot water heater anode you need to get one back installed.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
snuffy

Post by snuffy »

I have an Atwood and it does not have an anode rod.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Did you Cardinal come with a Atwood and did the Atwood come with a electric element.

Atwood units have an aluminum tank with a special coating and a anode is not required, most water deposits will washed off to the bottom of the tank.

Suburban water heaters come equipped with a anode rod and they are equipped for a reason - they need them to prolong the life of the tank. Suburban tanks are made of steel with an inner glass lining and a electric heating element is inserted into the water as a second heat source. The more different metals within the tank the greater chance of corrosion. The anode rod helps to prevent corrosion of the steel tank by attracting the corrosion to itself - it's called a sacrificial rod.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW