Leak

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rosie F

Leak

Post by Rosie F »

Has anyone ever had a leak in the entertainment center? We notice a little water coming from the pipes in the back of the entertainment center(back wall to the shower). Thanks
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Can't address your entertainment center but yes we did have a leak from one of the pipe connections behind wall leading to the shower head. Fortunately we were at the dealer when we noticed it and they were able to gain axcess by pulling a wall panel in the pantry area to tighten it. What model Cardinal do you have??......may be a good idea to have your dealer check it out before you do any furthur damage including mold.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

It's looking very rosy in here! 8) :lol: :roll: :P

We have had a leak in there but only because Scott left the water on in the shower with the water-saver button closed off, so the pressure forced some water out. :oops: I agree that you may want to see if the dealer can take a look at it - that access panel looks like it's hard to get to anything.
Judi
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30 TS

Post by Judi »

I went on the trip with Rosie. The camper is at the dealer now and we have addressed the problem to him. We have a 30TS. I just happen to notice the leak when I was picking up a CD. It was all wet. When I felt around, there are 2 white pipes to the left leading up the shower and I kept wiping them and they had a slow drip. I wrapped a towel around each of the pipes and now the red bird is at the dealer. It is only 3 weeks old. Bah Humbug!!!! :(
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L D'Max
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Those two white pipes or tubes are the hot and cold water supply lines for the shower. You most likely have a loose fitting where they connect to the faucets. It is frustrating to have to deal with these problems on a new unit. If it is at the dealer they should be able to fix it fairly easy. The water supply connection system is probably the most common problem area on the Cardinals.

If you have leaks in areas where you can see the fittings you will see that the fittings will have a winged flat area in front of the connector, if you put a pair of pliers on the flat area and tighten the connection it will solve most leaks. If you do not hold the flat part and tighten the connector you will only loosen the connector at the other end.

Hope your problem gets resolved and you have no more leaks!!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

I don't understand why the RV industry can't (won't) use proven plumbing fittings that have been used in housing for a hundred years. They're cheap if you ask me. As you can tell, I'm not too impressed with my 38' bunk house trailer. I had the water pump go out on my fisrt trip. It ran but no presure. It was the "bean counter's" fault. The pump itself has holes for eight screws to hold the end cap on and sealed. It only had six screws, it leaked from one of the holes without the screw. The new pump was just like the old one, six screws. So I added the two others my self. No problems since, but it sure does make a racket in the trailer when it's running.

Thomas
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Waterpump

Post by Don Wilson »

Tagillies,

The case of the missing screws is most likely the fault of one employee not a whole company as mine had all of its screws. FR uses the parts from suppliers they do not manufacture them.

As for the noise it is the nature of the pump, the Alpenlite that I previously owned was a lot louder than the waterpump in my Cardinal. They were the same brand

The reason they don't use the same plumbing in the trailer that they used in your house is that the rigid plumbing used in houses could not stand up to the stress of the bumping and rolling that the trailers are exposed to when we take them out on the road! That is why it is always good to periodically check the connections on the sinks and vent pipes that are pvc like those in your house.

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Thank you for the tip on checking the fittings regularly. As for the water pump, I do understand that it's not Forest River's fault the pump was missing parts, I'm just tired of manufacturers in general cost cutting. I guess that’s just the way of the world though.
Thomas
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

Thomas,

Our society expects quality but we want it as cheaply as we can get it! There seems to be two ways we are accomplishing it. One by buying less expenesive materials in the things we produce or out-sourcing to foreign countries and losing domestic jobs in lieu of cheaper labor. I worked for Hersheys for 35 years and saw both things happen. First it was the materials we used and then they closed three U.S. plants and three Canadian plants and relocated 1,500 jobs to Mexico. I'm really worried if we don't stop operating with the WalMart philosophy we will only be a service oriented society. I'll get off my soap box now.

There are lots of people with good information on the board and we will be here to help support you with advice when needed.

We re looking at having another California Rally next spring if you have any ideas about locations or other things let me know!

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5